The Arnold Classic Strongman Event will be held at
Gym 64’s Dunfermline branch on the 8th July 2017.
This event is one not to be missed!
A Day Out For the Family
All Proceeds go to
The Mary Leishman Foundation
The Army Benevolent Fund
This event has been running for 5 years and all proceeds go to charity each year. It is a massive fundraiser and a great day out for the whole family. The competitors come from all over the UK and sometimes abroad to compete in strength and endurance. The categories are filled with the toughest challenges and the competitors train for months to achieve the title of Strongman and Strongwomen.
Jim Leishman will be opening the event this year and Stephen Cherrie will be commentating throughout the events.
Our Sponsors this year include Matrix, C & A Autocentre Glenrothes and Inverkeithing , Harry Fairbairn Kirkcaldy and Owen Buchanan Builders Ltd Kirkcaldy. Timbershack are very generously donating the trophies for the winners this year as they have the past 5 years.
“We give a lifetime of support to soldiers and veterans from the British Army, and their immediate families, when they are in need. We make grants to individuals through their Regiments and Corps and support a wide range of specialist charities that sustain the British Army ‘family’, both at home and around the world”
“On establishing the Foundation, the aims are simply as follows: To encourage potential and ease distress”
What will be there this year…..
- Foxhound Gazebo with Fitness Challenge running
- Quad Bike, Gazebo with weapons and a stand with how you live out doors
- A Lager Truck and Gazebo with Info
- 118L light gun, Gazebo with Fake ammo and the kit that is used within a gun
- WMIK and heavy weapons
- Bouncy Castles
- Stalls Ranging from Cake and Candy to health and wellbeing to slush puppies to jewelry to crafts. There is something for everyone!!!
- Kids Rides
- Come along and cheer on our members and staff as they go head to head in The Kirkcaldy VS Dunfermline Challenge
And of course the Event Itself
Arnold Classic Strongman Event
For the Boys…..
130kg Viking Press
300kg Trap Bar Deadlift
20m Skip Truck 14 tonne
Loading cerebus sacks and 1 oil drum
For The Girls…..
30kg Dumbbell Press
80kg Cerebus Sack
160kg Frame 30m Turn
Link Jeep Pull 20m – 7 tonne